Friday, May 12, 2006

Pulau Ubin - Our last rural Paradise

In my opinion, Pulau Ubin's the best place for cycling in Singapore- dirt tracks, beautiful scenery at the abandoned quarry lakes (well, all you non-locals may think it's not all that great, but that's all we've got), lots of trees, kampong style buildings and a resident wild pig called 'Jack'. Just a 15-minute bumboat away,($2 one-way) i'm amazed why i haven't visited the island for the past 5 years. Had a great time with my bud, my gal and her friends- gonna be back soon again, i hope. The next time will be to Chek Jawa, the wetlands area- gotta check the bookings.

Touristy pic i know, but i just have to take it

"The Return to Brokeback"

Freestyle Diving

'Huh? Where'd he go?'

Beautiful People

Happy People- Me, Veria & Terence

Chatting with the locals- Veria's new friend

'Hmm, who to save first, my girl or my bud?'

No comments: